Spring Fragrance Guide
16 March 2021
As we transition from the cosy layers of Winter to the fresh promise of Springtime, it’s time to think about that all important Spring signature scent!
We know that choosing a spring fragrance can be a bit overwhelming, so we’ve looked at the classic Spring Fling cocktail of scent, the three F’s…
Fruity, Floral and Fresh!
As the weather gets warmer, you can have a bit more fun with your fragrance! Here are some of our favourite fruity numbers which are guaranteed to leave you feeling playful AND sophisticated.
1. With notes of Sour Cherry, Cassis, Peach and Orange Blossom, Prada Candy Gloss is a sensual fruity sorbet to savour this Spring! This is the fifth fragrance in the Prada Candy line up. Perfect for a Springtime picnic – complete with gingham check tablecloth and a basket full of cherries, of course!
2. Lemon, Grapefruit and Blackcurrant are the top notes of Anna Sui Romantica Exotica a fragrance which has us dreaming of tropical climes. We’d wear this for drinks in the garden – it might not be Tahiti, but with this fragrance, paradise is never far away!
3. Life in the Springtime is beautiful with La Vie Est Belle – Lancôme’s best selling fragrance which features notes of Pear, Blackberry and Orange Blossom. This gourmand fragrance is long lasting and is suitable for wearing in the office (which we are thinking wistfully of) as well as in the evening.
4. Guerlain’s Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic is a delicate golden bottle filled with luminous notes of clementine, orange blossom and bitter orange. We’d wear this on a date where we want to feel especially fancy. With this gorgeous citrus scent, you’ll be living la dolce vita.
5. Just thinking about Daisy Love Eau So Sweet makes us want to smile! You’ll be captivated by this sparkling mix of White Raspberry, Bergamot and Crystallised Cloudberries. The perfect fragrance to boost your mood and inject a little sunshine into your day!
6. Ari by Ariana Grande is another sweet fragrance for the fruity list. It opens with top notes of Raspberry, Grapefruit and Pear. When would we wear this? Well, when we’re feeling like an A-Lister of course!
“Florals? For Spring? Groundbreaking.”
Yes, we went there, Miranda! It may not be groundbreaking to incorporate florals into your Spring Beauty line up, but hey, some things are just always in style. Here’s our round up of the best floral scents around this Spring.
1. New for 2021, philosophy Amazing Grace Jasmine is a calming floral fragrance featuring essence of Jasmine Petals alongside Bergamot, Neroli, Lemon, Rose and Muguet (Lily Of The Valley). In our opinion, this is the ideal scent for exuding an aura of serenity – and of course – grace.
2. Get ready for a floral explosion! Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb has a floral heart of Sambac Jasmine, Cattleya Orchid and Centifolia Rose. This is a perfume which will never cease to fascinate us! For added clout, we love that Anna Taylor Joy is the current face of Viktor & Rolf. Fans of this fragrance, you are in great company!
3. Marc Jacobs always knows how to thrill with a Limited Edition! Daisy Eau So Fresh Spring is an airy floral fragrance which is fresh and vibrant with notes of Green Tea Blossom, Matcha and Pink Pepper. What could be more suitable for Spring than a scent with the very season in the title?
4. Versace Bright Crystal Absolu has top notes of Yuzu, Pomegranate and Iced Accord which bloom into Raspberry, Lotus Flower, Peony and Magnolia! This is the one for that post lockdown bunch date with the girls!
5. Looking for confident energy? Jimmy Choo Floral is a delicate burst of citrus, bergamot, tangerine and sweet nectarines. The essence of spring is captured in its beautiful heart accord of Apricot Blossoms, Magnolia and one of our favourite Spring blooms – the Sweet Pea! We might not be able to visit the Chelsea Flower Show this year, but believe us – this is the fragrance we’d be wearing to peruse all those award-winning blooms!
6. Another new fragrance for 2021, Paco Rabanne Olympéa Blossom is a heady combo of peppery fresh roses and blackcurrant sorbet. The beautiful pink bottle is embossed with delicate flowers, reminiscent of Paco Rabanne’s designs. When to wear this mythical creation? Why, all the time – you’re a goddess, after all.
Spring represents a whole new energy, which is why fresh fragrances always trend this time of year! Below we’ve included a mix of some of the very best in fresh.
1. CLEAN Rain is an aquatic fragrance which harnesses the freshness of the Ocean. Featuring notes of Daffodil, Melon, Water Lily, Daisy and Musk, the crisp blues of the bottle exclaims FRESH! If you’re craving a trip to the ocean, we recommend this scent!
2. Davidoff Cool Water is another ocean fragrance and is described as the original marine fragrance for men! This cool swell features notes of Peppermint, Lavender, Oakmoss, Geranium and Sandalwood. This fragrance is effortlessly cool. The Eau de Toilette is our Product Manager’s very favourite Springtime perfume and accolades don’t come much higher than that!
3. Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue brings together the freshness of a crisp green apple with the elegance of bluebells. Launched in 2001, this is a bestselling Spring scent. Perfect to wear on radiant days and sunkissed evenings.
4. Lacoste Blanc L 12 12 Blanc Pour Lui is as crisp and fresh as a pair of laundered tennis whites. Grapefruit, Cardamom, Rosemary and Mexican Tuberose are the beating heart of this fragrance. Perfect for daytime wear, we just ask that you bring the racquets and strawberries!
5. If you’ve read our Destination : Nineties Nostalgia article, then you will know how we feel about Calvin Klein’s fragrances. We just can’t get enough. CKOne is a bold fresh fragrance, with notes of Green Tea, Rose, Violet, Musk and Amber. Our dream scenario to wear this? A Friday night just out of work, sitting in the Beer Garden. Bliss.
6. Finally, to round off our Fresh edit comes the ultimate in luxe coastal fragrance. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino Acqua is winner of an Elle International Beauty Award and has notes of Bergamot, Lemon, Petitgrain, Neroli, Orange Blossom, Amber Wood and White Musk. Citrus, fresh AND floral – this Unisex fragrance is on our special occasion shortlist!
Shop all Spring Fragrance at allbeauty here!
Looking for the latest Spring releases? Check out the Spring Edit page here.