Mother’s Day Gift Guide
18 February 2021
It’s that time again! Mother’s Day (also known in the UK as Mothering Sunday) falls on the 14th March this year. When we think of all the hard-working, homeschooling mums we know, we really wish we could just celebrate Mother’s Day everyday!
Mothers – and motherhood – is celebrated widely across the world but the timing is not always the same for each country! In the United States, Japan and Germany, Mother’s Day is always celebrated on the second Sunday of May, whereas France celebrates the holiday on the last Sunday of May.
Lockdown measures and restrictions due to Covid19 may mean that you can’t see your loved ones this year, which we know is very difficult.
We love to put together a gift guide at allbeautyHQ and it feels like this one is extra special, as we have been thinking fondly about all the women we have been missing this year – from our mums and stepmums, to friends who are new mums (or expecting) and our grandmothers.
We wish we had enough time to dedicate a gift guide for everyone, as we know there are so many different definitions of what a Mum can be. If you know anyone who is in need of a gift wrapped ray of sunshine – you can pick your own little treat to send them here.
Want to know our favourite picks? Read on!
The Classic Beauty
From best selling skin care sets to fragrances that will look resplendent on a vanity table, our Classic Beauty edit features gifts specially selected for a lady who likes the luxe life! Whether you’re spending the day with your mum this year or not, you can show her you’re thinking of her with a beautiful gift.
1. Just look at La Femme from Prada! Frangipani, beeswax and vanilla come together in this sublime floral fragrance encased in a stunningly simple golden bottle. Winner of Allure Magazine’s best floral fragrance 2016, this is a classic Prada scent
2. You know she’s a modern day goddess, so why not show her how much you appreciate her with this heavenly fragrance? Inspired by Greek mythology, Olympea is an irresistible salty-vanilla scent, featuring green mandarin, water jasmine and ginger blossom.
3. YSL has been a classic in the luxe world for over 50 years! 2019’s Libre is named after the French word for freedom – something we could all do with right now! Designed for a woman who is strong, bold and authentic, this contemporary fragrance features notes of orange blossom and lavender.
4. Inspired by designer Tom Ford’s own private rose garden, Rose Prick is a decadent Chypre Floral perfume which features Rose de Mai alongside Turkish & Bulgarian Roses, as well as the unconventional notes of Sichuan Pepper and Turmeric. We love that this box set also comes with a Tom Ford lipstick in the shade Casablanca. Here’s looking at you, kid!
5. This rather glam Densifique Trio set from Kérastase contains everything you need to add body to hair lacking density. Additional body and thickness without weighing hair down? We are listening!
6. This fragrance is luminous & captivating – does that sound just like a lady you know? Boss The Scent For Her is presented in a diamond shaped bottle and finished off with a rose-gold cap. With a scent containing notes of Green Mandarin, Pink Pepper, Roasted Cocoa, this precious scent is guaranteed to delight any recipient.
Mummy To Be
Becoming a mum is intimidating at the best of times, let alone during a pandemic. Whether she’s your partner, your daughter or simply just your bestie that you haven’t been able to see and support during these bizarre times, here’s our round up of gifts we’ve picked for the new mums and mums to be who deserve to feel special this Mother’s Day.
1. Kérastase Genesis is specially formulated for one of the stigmas we don’t always talk about – hair loss and hair prone to falling. As highlighted and used by Emily Ratajakowski, hair loss is something which affects a lot of new mums. If you know a mum who needs hair care TLC, look no further than this set.
2. Within the delicate (and uplifting) green bottle of Daisy Love Spring, notes of Pink Peony are wrapped in the sweet and creamy smoothness of fig and fig milk. This is a gorgeous bloom in a bottle which will treat the recipient to a lush world of daisies. And we have to say – pink peonies are an absolute favourite at allbeautyHQ.
3. Just look at this candyfloss pink bottle! Prada Candy Gloss contains notes of sour cherries (think along the lines of Tangfastics), cassis, orange blossoms, vanilla & musk. The perfect fragrance to gift to a lover of fruits and florals – and the perfect fizzy pop of Prada to brighten up the day of a new mum!
4. A motherhood gift with a twist – there’s probably loads of baby presents kicking around the house for the mum to be, so why not gift her a moment for herself with this cute Moschino Toy2 fragrance gift set? We are in love!
5. Show someone you care by telling them what you really think – that they’re gorgeous, they’ve totally got this and they’re an IDÔLE. This Lancôme Idôle set features a full size Eau de Parfum, a body cream and a really handy purse spray.
She’s been there for you since before you can remember. She’s the one who would sneak you treats, tell you unforgettable stories of the good old days and share her beauty wisdom with you. Grandma, we know you’re far away right now, so here’s our little gift edit of the beauty care packages we’d like to send to you – because no matter how far away you are, you are always in our hearts!
1. Jo Malone Velvet Rose & Oud is an intense yet sumptuous scent featuring Damask Rose as one of its key notes. This is a special occasion fragrance to give to someone you treasure.
2. This set is definitely for the Empress of the family! Guerlain’s Abeille Royale products are cultivated from Royal Jelly and Honey from the French island of Ouessant. If your Grandmother likes to indulge in the finer things in life, then this Guerlain Abeille Royale Anti-Aging Set is the skincare set for her!
3. Launched in 1948, Nina Ricci’s L’Air Du Temps is a classic fragrance which is renowned for its sophisticated allure. Created as an ode to love, peace and freedom, the fragrance features notes of Carnation, Gardenia and Rose, whilst the dove on the top of the bottle represents peace and tranquility.
4. Got a Grandma or Nan who likes to make a grand entrance? The Grand Entrance mascara from Elizabeth Arden is an absolute beauty and might just be her new favourite accessory! It lengthens, adds volume and separates lashes with its glossy formula.
5. We don’t know about you… but grandmothers always seem to have the best multi-purpose products! Whether it’s one cream that fixes all woes or the lipstick that can be used as blush, Grandmas have the best beauty secrets. Which is why we think she’ll love Nuxe’s Huile Prodigieuse, a luxurious dry oil spray which can be used on face, body and hair for an added touch of radiance.
6. The Kérastase Reflection Trio set is specially formulated for colour treated hair and helps preserve the brilliance of blondes, brunettes and redheads.The Masque chromatique also gives a boost to thin hair. If your glam grandma misses her trips to the salon (and catch ups with the salon girls!), we recommend sending her this set and picking up the phone to exchange notes on it!
Feeling inspired by our selection? Want to discover more?
Shop all Mother’s Day Gifts at allbeauty – and don’t forget, you can make your present extra special by selecting gift wrap at Check Out, from £3.95 per item.