“O’ MY LOVE’S LIKE A RED RED ROSE“
24 January 2021
Over 50 million roses are given for Valentine’s Day each year. Even St Valentine himself is adorned with flowers – you can find his flower-adorned skull on display in Rome.
Roses have different significance depending on their colour. Red roses are a CLASSIC choice to gift, as they are the ultimate love declaration, signifying passion and sacrifice. Yellow roses mean friendship whilst yellow roses with red tips signify that you are falling in love with the recipient!
As well as looking sublime, Roses are renowned for their beautiful scent. Their unique calming fragrance, vitamin-rich and antioxidant properties means that the Rose has been used in fragrance and skincare for centuries.
Here’s our top pick of the bunch!
1. Valentino Donna is simply stunning! The bottle is designed with signature Valentino flair, featuring the ICONIC Valentino stud as its key motif. The fragrance contains notes of Rose Absolute & Iris and captures the spirit of La Dolce Vita. Inspired by Roman Architecture, St Valentine would definitely approve!
2. We couldn’t write about Roses without mentioning Elemis Pro Collagen Rose Cleansing Balm. If you know someone who is a fan of the classic bestselling Elemis Balm, why not consider gifting this pretty pink version? Enhanced with an extract of English Rose Oleo, it contains rose and mimosa extracts!
3. Beautiful, luxurious, fresh…Hello, Paul Smith Rose. To create this fragrance, a living rose is isolated within a glass bell and equipment used to inhale the scent. So Beauty and the Beast! The rose scent is then blended with Turkish rose oil, green tea, violet and magnolia flowers.
4. To paraphrase Taylor Swift, Baby, just say yes to Chloé’s Love Story. Effortless chic is embodied in this fragrance, which features a rose scent note and a padlock design symbolising love and romance.
5. Another skincare must-have – show your intended they are precious with Sisley’s decadent Black Rose Precious Face Oil. Formulated for dry or mature skin, this product features essential oils from the Bulgarian Rose.
And just a little reminder from us to you – roses may lose their petals, but they come back to bloom again each year. If that isn’t a sign of the beauty of hope and resilience, what is?! And because we just can’t resist a motivational quote at allbeautyhq, we’re closing with one from Abraham Lincoln…
“We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses”
Keep blooming, beauties! Shop all the products from our Valentine Edit here.
(Thanks to 1794’s “A Red Red Rose” by Robert Burns for our title inspiration! Robert, also known as Rabbie Burns, is celebrated every year on the 25th January and is considered by many to be the National Poet of Scotland)