February Smile Edit
9 February 2022
February may still be a Winter month in the Northern Hemisphere, but there are still plenty of reasons to smile about it!
- Spring is around the corner – and with neon trends on the Catwalk, it’s the perfect time to start thinking about injecting a bit of colour into your wardrobe and beauty routine.
- Chinese New Year is celebrated – 2022 marks the Year of the Tiger.
- Valentine’s Day – whether you spend it with the love of your life, a Galentine/Palentine or will be spending the day solo, any excuse for a bit of self appreciation and gifting is welcome in allbeauty’s books.
- Oscar Nominations are announced, meaning a welcome burst of Pop Culture appreciation in the office. Team allbeauty are most excited about the Makeup and Hairstyling nominations of course – will the winner be Cruella or House of Gucci?!
- In terms of Awareness campaigns, February is known for African-American History Month and World Heart Awareness Month. Heart Month takes place every February to raise awareness for heart-health related conditions – this year, allbeauty have partnered with Savoo and Heart Research UK to raise some donations for Heart Research. Read here for more information.
- In Welsh, February is referred to as “y mis bach”, which means Little Month. It’s the only month to last fewer than 30 days, although it does get an extra day when there is a leap year. The next Leap Year will be in 2024.
A new month also means another allbeauty Edit of recent launches, of course. And so, without further ado, here are some of the team’s favourite up and comers.
Viktor&Rolf Ruby Orchid Flowerbomb
Calling all femmes fatales – get ready for instant infatuation with Viktor&Rolf’s latest launch, Ruby Orchid Flowerbomb.
A new addition to the Flowerbomb family, this vivacious Ruby bottle is inspired by the theatrical tradition of Burlesque.
Lift up the curtain and unleash your most glamourous self with a spritz or two of this sumptuous fragrance. Featuring a bouquet of Ruby Flower Orchid, Red Vanilla Bean & Red Vine Peach Accord, it’s the perfect moment to say SHOWTIME.
Go undercover with this undetectable little beauty benefit Porefessional Lite – the latest primer from benefit. Ultra-lightweight, the formulation minimizes the look of pores. With a natural finish, it helps to blur and refine the look of pores for a period of up to 12 hours. Want to know the secret behind it’s light cloudlike texture? It’s composed of a 73% water-based formula – now that’s “lite”.
To use, unscrew the cap and squeeze the tube gently. Smooth all over face with fingertips. The primer can be used alone or under makeup on a daily basis – it can also be used for touch-ups. Just pat on lightly over your makeup and blend into the skin.
Suffer from puffy eyes in the morning? Dermalogica is here to awaken you with their latest launch.
The Awaken Peptide Eye Gel utilizes a highly active blend of Terapeptides, Caffeine and Rosemary Leaf Extract to firm and hydrate the eye area. Puffy eyes, fine lines and dark circles, begone… skin is left looking smooth and luminous, with the appearance of puffiness and fine lines minimized.
Beloved by dermatologists and skinfluencers across the globe, you can shop the whole Dermalogica range at allbeauty here.
February is all about love – and the latest launch from Boss, Boss The Scent Le Parfum For Her has an iconic ambery signature that will pull you in with the power of its attraction.
A Chypre Floral, top notes consist of Orange Blossom and Pink Pepper (feisty) with middle and base notes of Vetiver, Akigalawood and Patchouli.
Presented in a gorgeous Rose Gold bottle, the intense alchemy of this fragrance is impossible to resist.