“O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo?”
26 January 2021
The quote above is one of the most iconic in British Literature – Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet! It’s uttered by Juliet Capulet in despair at the impossible love between herself and her star-crossed lover from a rival family, Romeo.
Here’s our imagining of the bold scents a modern day Romeo might wear – maybe you’ll find something suitable for the main character of your love story!
1. Leathery, smokey and seductive, BOSS Bottled Eau De Parfum has a spicy heart! Awaken the senses with Apple, Bergamot and Black Pepper. An intense jolt of warming Cardamom and Cinnamon Oils is powerfully balanced with Dark Vetiver and Musk.
2. From Romeo and Juliet to Hamlet! We’re referencing another Shakespearan protagonist with Police’s To Be (Or Not To Be) Man, which takes its name from Hamlet’s famous monologue in the play of the same name. Presented in a glass skull, with notes of Black Pepper, Amber and Grapefruit, we’ll be gifting this fragrance to a rebel prince!
3. Attention Sailors! Dressed in a black and gold officer’s jacket, Jean Paul Gaultier’s Le Mâle Le Parfum Intense is the new captain of the iconic Le Mâle range. Inspired by sailors, it’s a timely one to gift to a Valentine, especially as sea shanty remixes are having a moment! Will you be setting sail?
4. Obsession For Men by Calvin Klein. Does this best selling fragrance need any more of an introduction? One of the most provocative scents of the 80’s, this classic will forever be one of our OBSESSIONS!
5. We can’t take you to the Club, but the heady intoxicating energy of the Club can be with you in the form of Armaf’s Club De Nuit. An allbeauty customer favourite, this is one sophisticated fragrance featuring Citrus, Wood and Spice.
6. Fans of Carolina Herrera Good Girl, meet its counterpart for men – Carolina Herrera Bad Boy. The base of the scent features a blend of Tonka Bean and Absolutions of Cocoa. We think these sculpted bottles look especially good side by side… just saying….
7. We’re ending on a super indulgent note with Tom Ford Noir Extreme, a fragrance which dares the wearer to be extraordinary. Featuring Mandarin Oil, saffron and cardamom, the heart of the fragrance is Kulfi, a traditional Indian dessert made with Pistachio and Himalayan Snow.
Got a Rodeo Romeo? February 14th is coming! Shop our Valentine Edit here.
(Romeo & Juliet was written by Sir William Shakespeare early in his career as a playwright between 1591-1585, and yet it arguably remains the most iconic of his works. From the musical West Side Story to Baz Luhrman’s Romeo + Juliet starring Claire Danes and Leonardo Di Caprio, it’s a work which continues to inspire the art world!)