Fight The Freeze
17 October 2019
The season for weddings, BBQs and outdoor functions may be over, but that doesn’t mean the social butterfly gets to rest its wings. If anything, with the turn in season we have to up our beauty game. It isn’t easy to look glam at those festive parties and candle-lit birthday celebrations when you’ve been wrestling your umbrella and dodging the downpours.
Well, in true allbeauty style, we’re here to make your life easy. Today we’ll be highlighting a few key products that will prove to be your greatest allies during the upcoming party season. So, without further ado…
Best Waterproof Makeup Products for Winter
Between the rain, hail, sleet and snow, winter can quickly turn you from a Glamazon into a drowned raccoon. If you want to look your best whatever the weather, you need to have the right tools on hand, but which waterproof products should be a must in your beauty kit?
- Waterproof mascara, like the High Impact Waterproof Mascara from Clinique, is an absolute beauty essential for winter, ensuring that those lashes stay where they’re meant to throughout the day. But waterproof eye makeup doesn’t stop at just mascara!
- For those evenings when you want a bold look, why not try magnetic lashes? Unlike traditional fake lashes which rely on glue, these Eylure Baroque corner lashes simply attach to lids using a magnetic applicator which comes included. No risk of your lashes sliding down your face with these!
- To finish off the look, the Clarins Waterproof Eye Pencil is ideal for creating a smoky eye on a winter’s night out, this is one eye liner that really stands it’s ground! And if you want to avoid wayward brows, you won’t find better than Wunderbrow 1-Step Brow Gel by Wunder2.
It’s all very well having perfect eye makeup, but that’s no help if your foundation is pooling around your collar.
- With Estee Lauder’s Double Wear range, you can be confident that whatever winter throws at you, your face can handle it. With over 20 shades of foundation and even water-proof concealers in the range, these are the winter must-haves.
- For a touch of colour, you can’t go wrong with Dior Addict Lip Tattoo, which provides lasting coverage unlike any other – up to 10 hours in fact. And for continuing the rosy cheeked look indoors and out, award-winning Benefit Benetint is a fantastic stain that can be used on both cheeks and lips.
- Lastly, finish your makeup with a light spray of Glamglow Glowsetter. Not only will it keep your face in place, but as it’s infused with caffeine and tea extracts it will hydrate and invigorate your skin too. Result!
Best Windproof Hair Products for Winter
There’s a time and a place for that windswept look, and as luck would have it, it is usually neither here nor now. Whether you have fine hair which falls flat at the first sign of a breeze, or curly hair which gets a little over-excited with humidity, there’s a product to help balance your hair this winter.
- Caught out by a sudden shower? Keep Frizz Dismiss by Redken in your office drawer to tame your hair, whatever the weather. This serum can be used on dry or wet hair and instantly reduces frizz.
- For fine, flat hair, Kerastase Bouffant Styling Mousse is a godsend, amping up the volume from roots to tips. With built in heat protection and good hold, this is a must for using in conjunction with your curling tongs or rollers.
- Curly ladies, we got you. You’ve got naturally voluminous hair, but, like cashmere, you’ve got to protect those delicate locks from the elements. Joico Humidity Blocker Hairspray does just that, creating a light protective barrier around each strand which blocks humidity and keeps your curls looking their best.
Which of these products will you be incorporating into your winter beauty regime this year? We’d love to hear what’s working for you.