L’Oréal Professionnel Pro Fiber: your step by step guide
20 December 2015
L’Oréal Professionnel Pro Fiber is the brand new treatment to reduce the appearance of damaged hair. Here’s our guide to find your level of hair damage and choose the correct products for your hair type.
Before we start our L’Oréal Professionnel Pro Fiber guide, let’s take a look at the video below showing how easy and effective this treatment is. If you’re not starting the treatment in a salon don’t worry, you can still use the home products and see a change in your hair:
To begin, determine your level of hair damage with the Pro Fiber hair strand test. Here’s how:
- Take a small section of hair between your fingers and pull it as you work your way down the strand.
- Where the hair starts to feel rough to the touch is where the hair is damaged.
- Pay attention to the thickness of your hair (fine, medium or thick) and the feeling of roughness or pulling as you drag your fingers down the strand. These factors will help determine which Pro Fiber range is right for you.
Decide which of these statements you agree with to determine the level of damage you have (1, 2 or 3):
- My hair texture is quite dry, It lacks shine and the ends are thinning (1)
- My hair texture is quite rough, the brightness has dulled and my ends are split (2)
- The texture of my hair is rough, it is prone to breakage, it lacks shine and my ends are split (3)
DAMAGE LEVEL 1 – Use Pro Fiber Revive
My hair texture is quite dry, It lacks shine and the ends are thinning
A lightweight texture for fine to medium, normal to slightly damaged hair caused by frequent heat styling or general daily abrasions. This vibrant fragrance is a mixture of lemon and honey.
DAMAGE LEVEL 2 – Use Pro Fiber Restore
My hair texture is quite rough, the brightness has dulled and my ends are split
A smooth and creamy texture for medium to thick hair damaged by frequent styling and straightening with cuticle damage. A sandal milk fragrance with spice and floral notes.
DAMAGE LEVEL 3 – Use Pro Fiber Recover
The texture of my hair is rough, it is prone to breakage, it lacks shine and my ends are split
This beauty balm is the richest in texture within the range for thick, very damaged hair that has been subjected to multiple and aggressive processes. The deep fragrance is filled with dried black vanilla.
About Pro Fiber
Pro Fiber is based on cutting edge technology using the innovative Aptyl 100 molecular complex. Pro Fiber grips like a magnet to the hair, for a long-lasting resurfacing effect which improves the appearance of damage. The Pro-Fiber range has 3 tiers: Revive for slightly damaged hair, Restore for damaged hair and Recover for VERY damaged hair.
L’Oréal Pro Fiber has completely transformed the look and feel of my hair. It feels soft, smooth and silky and has even boosted the colour – it feels like I’ve just got a brand new cut.
My hair looks healthier and it feels stronger… because my hair looks more beautiful I feel more beautiful.
“The result was super shiny, bouncy and healthy looking hair that I was astounded by. Pro Fiber left me pretty much opened mouthed.”
London Beauty Queen
allbeauty have been around since 2004 and are fully authorised retailers of L’Oréal Professionnel haircare. Free UK P&P is available, see site for details.