Meet Antipodes – Connecting you with New Zealand’s Nature
22 May 2020
An island nation deep in the South Pacific and the closest nation to Antarctica, New Zealand’s unique and pristine environment is like nowhere else on Earth. Untouched by humans until just a thousand years ago, their pristine flora is bursting with potent anti-blemish, anti-fungal and antioxidant-rich properties.
Antipodes is a highly innovative scientific organic beauty brand. Its visionary New Zealand founder and director, Elizabeth Barbalich, has built her skincare and makeup company on a cutting-edge combination of the highest quality ingredients from New Zealand nature and raw super-fruit extracts, their clean, certified vegetarian skincare delivers outstanding results for helping support production of collagen, elastin and antioxidant activity.
Ingredients from nature
Whatever you add to your skin is ingested, so ensuring it is as clean and non-toxic as possible will help you achieve a beautiful healthy complexion – and has the dual bonus of being kinder to the earth too.
Experience the skin-enhancing power of sustainable, wild-harvested extracts from New Zealand rainforests. These are bioactive extracts from New Zealand’s plant species that have evolved in geographic isolation over tens of millions of years:
- Golden kowhai for high antioxidant bioactivity. Natural antimicrobial properties halt the growth of microorganisms like bacteria or fungi, making it the perfect cleansing and moisturising agent.
- Mamaku black fern for cell renewal. Firms and protects your skin, and generates fresh cell growth. Mamaku is a stunning rainforest tree fern, and the spiral shape of its unfurling frond is a strong symbol of new life in New Zealand.
- Crimson pohutukawa for skin conditioning. The bioactive extract from the flowers of New Zealand’s iconic pohutukawa is conditioning, deeply moisturising, antioxidant-packed and antiseptic. It also promotes cell regeneration and soft, youthful skin.
- Health-generating totara: The mighty totara is a native New Zealand hardwood tree that is extremely durable. Totara extract imparts this strength to your skin, neutralising the free radicals linked to skin ageing. It also has powerful antimicrobial and anti-blemish qualities, meaning you can achieve super-clean skin.
- Omega-rich harakeke New Zealand flax: our native flax yields an oil that deeply moisturises skin. We hold in adoration its high levels of omega – an essential fatty acid for truly healthy skin.
Explore the Antipodes Range:
Baptise H2O Ultra-Hydrating Water Gel
The superstar new product from Antipodes, will help keep your skin intensely hydrated with the use of potent, natural ingredients including world-famous New Zealand manuka honey and harakeke gel, from the roots of the native New Zealand flax bush.
It features a weightless, intensive formulation that immerses thirsty skin in pure, natural moisture. Deeply thirst-quenching without heaviness or oiliness, the formula is easily absorbed yet powerfully hydrates skin, all day and night. Adding to its powerful effects is Baptise’s uplifting pure plant fragrance of fresh rose, guaranteed to raise anyone’s spirits.
How to apply: Baptise should be applied reverently at dawn and dusk to your face, neck and décolletage. It is suited to most skin conditions, especially dry, and is certified vegetarian by the UK Vegetarian Society, a globally respected organisation for the assessment of vegetarian status.
A sublime combination of pure plant oils means that essential Omegas 3, 6 and 9 unite in a ratio that your skin recognises and easily absorbs. An excellent dose of Vitamins A, C and E provides the ultimate daily nutritional skin boost. Immerse your spirit in the jubilant aroma inspired by exotic feijoa and wild blackcurrant.
To use: Apply generously to your hands and body to relieve excessive dryness. Suited to most skin conditions, especially dry.
Mud-paint your face to deeply deliver skin-brightening extracts for instant light and lift. Improve your skin’s appearance with antioxidant compound Vinanza Grape & Kiwi, clinically shown to lighten skin by targeting melanin production*. Prized peony also contributes to a bright and luminous visage by addressing uneven tone. Detox your skin with mineral-blessed volcanic mud from geothermal New Zealand, revered for its regenerative brilliance.
To use: Lavish a thick layer of this creamy mask over your cleansed face and neck, avoiding your eye area. Leave for 15 minutes, and rinse away thoroughly with warm water. Use twice a week religiously.
Defend cells against the oxidative stress that can lead to your skin’s early ageing with a daily dose of healthy antioxidants that help combat free radical damage. This supreme organic skin booster features New Zealand grown superfruits blessed with some of Nature’s highest concentrations of anti-ageing antioxidants: boysenberry, blackcurrant and kiwifruit, plus revolutionary antioxidant Vinanza Grape.
To use: Worship your face, neck and décolletage daily by dispensing onto your fingertips and gently rubbing in to skin before moisturising. Suited to most skin conditions, especially oily.